Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Dad!




Things I Love About My Dad

1. He gives awesome relationship advice.

2. He is always ready and willing to give me a Father's Blessing whenever I ask for one.

3. He loves baseball

4. He thinks it’s fun to stand in the Muss, scream his lungs out, and talk football with me.

5. Whenever I have a gospel-related question, my Dad goes straight to the scriptures to find the answer.


6. His great sense of direction – I always call him when I’m lost.


7. He seems to know something about everything!


8. He listens to me gripe.


9. He encourages me to achieve my dreams.


10. He tries hard to remember the names of all of my friends.


11. He is passionate about his career.


12. He does his hometeaching every month without fail.


13. He serves others


14. He is funny without meaning to be.


15. He doesn’t mind being the only man in the house. :)


16. He works hard at everything he does.


17. He loves my mom.


18. He gives great hugs.


19. He tells me he’s proud of me.


I remember…


I remember when my Dad charted out a course for me to get to work in DC and timed it so I would know exactly when to leave my apartment in the morning.


I remember when I told my Dad I had made it into Madrigals, and he was so happy for me.


I remember shopping for ballet shoes when I was really little with my Dad.


I remember my Dad trying so hard to teach me to pitch a ball.


I remember my Dad running behind me, holding a kite, trying to help me get it in the air.


I remember shopping at Nordstrom for my first suit with Dad.


I remember visiting campus before I started college. Dad showed me his old stomping grounds and helped me find all of the important buildings.


I remember talking to Dad after a boy had broken my heart. He helped me put the pieces back together.


I remember when Dad walked with me in Arlington and all throughout DC. He was so excited to help me get settle and show me the city.


I remember when Dad took a day off work to visit me at school and celebrate Veteran’s Day.


I remember Dad “confiscating” my US History notes before the AP test.

I remember riding Space Mountain with my Dad when I was six years old. He tricked me into getting on the ride, but once I was on it, I totally loved it!


I remember Dad’s story, “When I was in college, I used to fire that cannon for every touchdown.” :)

My Dad has always taken care of me. He sacrifices so much so that I can have what I need. He is happy when I’m happy, and he’s excited when I’m excited. My Dad is the greatest man I know. I am so blessed to be his daughter.




I love you, Dad!