Okay, so I realize that there are very few people who actually read my blog, but I thought I'd share my wish list with all three of you. :) I've spent the last few days getting my classroom arranged, and it's looking great. There are just a few things I would love to add before I'm finished:
1. Some pillows, chairs, beanbags, etc. for a cozy reading corner.
2. Any used books.
3. Mismatched socks (to use as erasers for my personal white boards)
4. A speaker for my IPOD
5. Any plastic organizing containers.
If you know where I could find these things inexpensively, or if you have anything on this list that you'd like to give a new home, just let me know.
3 comments:
That is fun that you have your classroom almost set up. I bet it is scary as well, but i know you will do a great job. I will let you know if i happen to come across anything that is on your list. love ya girl!
You'll have to post pictures of your classroom when you get it all set up! I wish I had some stuff to give you - library book sales rock as far as cheap used books go - I always check my local libraries for good books for my girls. Check Craigslist too for the bean bags and stuff. Or you could always go garage-saleing with Aunt Mare! :)
Try the D.I. or any of the thrift stores. And keep your reciepts -- you can get reimbursed for what you spend. At least in my district, we have a little given to us from the district as well as money that the state gives us. You'll have to check with your secretary to see how it works there. Even if you go over your yearly allotment, you should still keep track of what you spent because there's a place on the tax return form where you can list any spending as a teacher. I don't know if they reimburse you fully or not, but I think it's something.
Post a Comment