Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I realize this is outdated, but...

It's a really long story why I wrote this post a week ago and never posted it... but better late than never, right? I'll be sure to post pictures of these adventures soon!

They say “time flies when you’re having fun.” Well, I am living proof of that! I only have six weeks left in this wonderful city, and I am having so many happy adventures. The past two weeks have been especially jam packed, so I’ll give you a timeline of the fun I’ve been having…

Wednesday, June 25 - I attended a Governors’ Breakfast hosted by the RGA at the Google offices. Google is incredible! It was like going to a playground! That night I went to the most amazing baseball game I’ve ever seen in my life. (You’ll hear more about that later.)

Thursday, June 26 – Tried to go to the Temple. Found out buses don’t run past 6:30. Came home again.

Friday, June 27 – I went to a free concert at the Kennedy Center where they played country music and I line danced! We Utah interns showed off our boot-scootin’ boogie skills!

Saturday, June 28 – I spent the morning at Arlington Cemetery. It is such a peaceful and awe-inspiring place. I know I will miss it when the time comes to leave Washington, DC. I saw the Iwo Jima memorial for the first time. It’s incredible!

Monday, June 30 – My ward’s FHE activity for the evening was making get well cards for wounded servicemen at Walter Reed. I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude to those who risk their lives for my country. I’m so glad I was there. I also found out that the second counselor in my bishopric went to high school with my aunt! Small world!

Tuesday, July 1 – I was so happy! My ward scheduled a night to do baptisms at the Washington DC temple! I got a ride with someone in the ward and went to the temple with a few of my friends. It was such a special experience. The temple is beautiful!

Wednesday, July 2 – After meeting Stanley for lunch, I realized I couldn’t get back to work. There was a bomb threat at the World Bank, which is near my work, and they had closed the entire street to cars and pedestrians! Stanley and I sat outside Potbelly and waited for the street to open for two hours! Stanley was nice enough to keep me company and provide great music for my extremely extended lunch break. Luckily, the bomb threat was taken care of safely, and I made it back to work. Never a dull day in Washington!

3 comments:

Laverna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maggie said...

Oh my goodness! I feel like a terrible friend. I will return your email ASAP... things have been hectic.(Even though that's not a very good excuse)

Laverna said...

No worries . . . life happens. Just want to keep in touch.