Monday, July 7, 2008

Ritzy... Like the Cracker

It turns out there are some perks that come with being an intern in the Nation’s Capitol. A few weeks ago, everyone in my office was invited to an event at the Ronald Reagan Building hosted by the governor of Texas. Even the interns were invited!
I was so excited to hob nob with some government big wigs. Stanley agreed to come as my guest, and we spent the night eating Texas food and working the room. The reception was great! I dined on the most delicious quesadillas and the stickiest ribs (they didn’t believe in utensils). There was an open bar, and I ordered a Shirley Temple (something I’ve always wanted to do). I felt pretty swanky, standing there, sipping my pink drink. Stanley and I stopped by the NASA table where we signed our names to a poster that will go into space aboard the space shuttle!
Toward the end of the evening, Governor Perry spoke. I worked my way to the front for the meet and greet and shook his hand!
On our way out, we even got goodie bags! I felt so important. I could get used to this…

1 comment:

Laverna said...

Dan would be jealous to hear about signing something going onboard a space shuttle, and I would have loved to see you there brushing elbows with all those government big-wigs.
I'm sure you looked ever so sophisticated! I've always wondered what a big gala like that must be like to go to.