Last month, I turned 23. When I was really young, I thought that 23 was the most fashionable age... now I'm not so sure. I don't feel very chic. You'll have to judge for yourself. :)
Following in the footsteps of some of my friends, I decided to post my list of
23 Things to Do While I'm 23
1. Take advantage of all the student discounts I can while I’m still a college student
2. Get a job doing something I care about
3. Take a cooking class
4. Read the front page of the newspaper every morning
5. Run a 5K
6. Fall in love
7. Buy a wool coat
8. Travel to two new places
9. Attend the temple at least six times
10. Read 3 books off my “list”
11. Hike the U
12. Initiate conversations with complete strangers
13. Be kissed in the rain
14. Eliminate clutter from my life
15. Read a biography
16. Cook dinner at least once a week
17. Act on promptings to serve
18. Go to a Utah gymnastics meet
19. Graduate from the University of Utah
20. Make a list of things to see in Amsterdam and plan my dream trip
21. Talk to my Grandma and Oma once a week
22. Learn to swim
23. Have no library fines
And a bonus: Enjoy the journey and all the unexpected happiness that comes my way. Life is great!
4 comments:
I love your list. Sounds like we are on the same page of having an eye opening 23rd birthday. Lets find some time to play.
I love your blog and I LOVE that you made a bucket list for the year. I'm curious, what's the "list" for #10? I'm always interested in book recommendations.
What a great list!
Michelle, here are just a few books from my list... I am also always in the market for a good recommendation, if you want to throw any my way. :)
Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl
Love in the Time of Cholera by Marquez
The Book Thief
Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Bauby
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Foer
Lincoln at Gettysburg by Wills
The Calder Game by Blue Ballait
Post a Comment