Sunday, January 18, 2009

Looking for Bargains

In four short months, I will be donning a mortarboard and taking the next big step in my life: graduation! Soon I won't be able to call myself a University of Utah student, and I want to live it up while I still have some time left. So... I am on a search for student discounts. Do you know any great places where I can get student deals with my UCard? I'm on a treasure hunt! Please share!

3 comments:

Jess Meredith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

We should go to a gymnastics meet. Also, our Pie meal should occur while we both still get UCard discounts. I'll keep thinking of ideas. :)

Laverna said...

Concerts galore! Utah Symphony, Utah Opera, pretty much everything student related!
On a more practical note, memberships in professional organizations, like MENC or UEA are usually cheaper for college students. And they usually last a year . . . although these same groups also have first year teacher discounts too . . .
By the way, you should definitely join UEA -- if for no other reason than the liability insurance they offer -- but they have about seventy billion different companies they've got deal worked out so you get some pretty great discounts. Car insurance, magazine subscriptions, office supplies, shoes, apparel . . . it's amazing.