
Yesterday was my very first day teaching third grade. After an exhausting, exciting, and enjoyable day at school, I came home to find a plate of my mom's chocolate chip cookies waiting for me. Thanks, Mom!
Then, on my porch were two cookies from Paradise Cafe (my fave!) from my darling visiting teachers. How did they know that yesterday was the day I definitely needed a cookie break?
The icing on the cake? My sisters and mom saved a Stroopwaffel for me from the Dutch store.
After eating an inordinate amount of cookies and taking a long and delicious nap, I was once again ready to function like a normal person.
Let's hope that being a first year teacher isn't this exhausting every day.
But with enough cookie breaks, I can make it through anything.
2 comments:
Wow! You're in school already? Good luck with your first year - you'll be great! Now...off to find a chocolate chip cookie- you got me craving one! ;)
I hate to break it to you, but you will likely have more days than not where you come home completely exhausted. It's hard work but SO worth it!
Post a Comment