Sunday, December 18, 2011

My lovely Oma

I must admit that I'm woefully behind on Happy Birthday posts. It's been birthday season around here, and I just haven't been able to keep up.

Let me start my belated birthday posts by wishing a happy late birthday to my lovely Oma. This year was a big birthday for her, and I don't want to let the year end without writing a little ditty about how much I love her.

I love my Oma because:

* she feeds me goodies whenever I visit
* she has a great laugh
* she gives great hugs
* the way she says "I sure love ya" every time I leave her house
* she let me live with her for five years, and never complained when I brought friends over
* she has taught me so much about living by faith
* she has the best Dutch accent
* she loves to take trips to Top It for frozen yogurt
* sometimes she mixes up her figures of speech. i.e. "Up a tree without a paddle" or "Every person has a lid."
* she is unfailingly optimistic
* she can sew anything
*
she has a fascinating life story
* I can ask her advice, and she'll answer honestly
* she loves the holidays, and she especially loves baking for the holidays. I love it when she says, "Well, you'd better try one to make sure it's okay."
* the way she'd sing "I'll Be Seeing You" as I'd walk upstairs to my bedroom every night in college

For all these reasons and many more, I am so grateful to be Sibylla VanKeizerswaard's granddaughter.

I love you, Oma!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: