Friday, November 2, 2012

Remember that time when I did a 5K even though I had mono, and then I slept for the rest of the day? Yeah, those were good times.

Even though I had been newly diagnosed with mono (for the second time, I might add) Josh drove with me to Ogden for the Color Vibe 5K. I met up with one of my teacher friends there and her cute kiddos (including one former student and one current student).

I didn't run... I walked. I figured that was the wisest course of action. Josh held my hand the whole way, and I honestly had a blast! We were drenched (drenched?) in color, and we danced around to lots of crazy music, including Eye of the Tiger. Because really... how can you have a race without Eye of the Tiger? I can't wait to do it again next year (hopefully I'll have licked the mono by then. It's a beast, I tell ya).
 Yay for Yellow!

 Look at that beautiful scenery. (I'm talking about the mountains, not Josh. Although, he's pretty nice to look at, too, now that I think about it.)
 Is that Josh or Cookie Monster? I just can't tell.

 We crossed the Finish Line. Yellow, Blue, Pink, and Purple... and then all the colors in a burst of goodness??? Pure joy.

 Doesn't it look like he had a great time?

 Mwah!

Please look past the crazy hair and tired face. I DID have mono, people. Still, it was a fantastic morning!

No comments: