2009 was a rough year for me and many of the people I love. It was a year filled with losing loved ones, financial struggle, and disappointment.
However, a few weeks ago, when I was sitting across the desk from my bishop during tithing settlement, he helped me to look at the past year with a fresh perspective. He asked me about serving in the Draper Temple. He asked about graduation and starting my career. “Gosh, you’ve had a pretty great year, haven’t you, Maggie?” he said.
So, now that it’s the end of 2009, and I’m looking back on twelve months of happiness and heartache, I’ll choose to take a brighter perspective and find all of the wonderful things I experienced this year. I’ll make a conscious choice to see the silver linings.
January
Served in the beautiful new Draper Temple and felt the peace of the Spirit inside its walls.
February
Was hired with an open contract for Granite School District.
March
Sang in a dedicatory session of the Draper Temple – it was a life changing experience. I also got to be of service to someone by driving him to the airport way before the break of dawn.
April
Saw thousands of gorgeous tulips at the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. I decided I must return every year! I also sang in the Conference Center for General Conference. WOW!
May
Graduated from college!!!
June
Had an absolute blast dancing the night away at a YSA Conference.
July
Played with friends at a baseball game, The Fray concert, a backyard campfire, and IKEA.
August
Welcomed a good friend home and started teaching my cute 3rd graders.
September
Spent some time with my wonderful family at the annual Hortin Family Reunion.
October
Saw two incredibly awesome concerts – Colbie Caillat and Ingrid Michaelson.
November
FOOTBALL!!! And my birthday.
December
Sang and watched Christmas concerts. I saw Eclipse and the Tab Choir and I sang in the Assembly Hall and my ward. My ward choir rocked their program!
Now I’m more than ready to welcome in 2010 with the hope that it brings less tears and even more happiness for those I love.
1 comment:
Maggs I am dead serious about this....when are we going to play?
Post a Comment