Sunday, January 16, 2011

Did you hear this?

I stayed home this week to listen to Obama's speech at the Arizona Memorial Service. When he said these few lines, I almost started to cry. It summarizes many of the thoughts I've had at the start of a new year. Sometimes I get caught up in searching for status when Love is what really matters.

"... So sudden loss causes us to look backward - -but it also forces us to look forward; to reflect on the present and the future, on the manner in which we live our lives and nurture our relationships with those who are still with us...

We recognize our own mortality, and we are reminded that in the fleeting time we have on this Earth,
what matters is not wealth, or status, or power, or fame - - but rather, how well we have loved - and what small part we have played in making the lives of other people better."

So take a moment today to hold those you love close and thank them for making your life better. That's what I'll be doing.





Read the whole speech here.

No comments: