Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Funny third grade

Funny moment #1: I gave one of my students a sentence to finish. "When you go outside, make sure you..." I was thinking she'd go for 'wear a jacket.' Instead she was more creative. 'Don't get robbed' was her answer. Yep, that's also important when you go outside.

Funny moment #2: I talked to my kiddos about how nothing makes me more angry than when my students lie right to my face. I wanted them to understand that they'll get in more trouble if they lie about what they did wrong than if they are just straight up honest in the first place. To get that discussion started, I said, "Why is it a bad idea to lie?" One of my boys raised his hand and said, totally stone-faced, "Because lying is a sin."

Funny  moment #3: One of my students from my first year of teaching (that would make him a sixth grader already. Sheesh!) came into my classroom to talk Utah football with me. We are both dedicated fans, and we're dying over this lackluster season. "So where are the sixth graders right now?" I asked, thinking he would say it was recess time or something. "Oh, we're at rotations. I'm supposed to be in Mr. _______'s room. I just wanted to say hi." I literally laughed out loud and told him to get to class.

I can't even get over how great this year is so far. Every day is a delight. :)

No comments: