Sunday, October 14, 2012

Tips for Practicing Self-Care

Drinking lots of fluids - namely Aztec Hot Chocolate -  in Boston in April.

It may or may not be common knowledge that I was hit by the mono truck this Summer. Lame.

And then I was hit again last week. Double Lame.

The most terrible thing about mono is there is no real treatment. If you get mono, here's what the doctor will tell you:
1. Drink lots of fluids
2. Eat healthy
3. Get more rest than usual
4. And no more monkeys jumping on the bed

I speak the truth (well, except for the monkeys part).

Here's my deal. I DO NOT want to keep getting mono. It's not fun. NOT FUN! I tell you. There must be something I'm doing that makes my body the perfect place for this nasty little virus to nest. I know that I need to go to bed at a more reasonable hour. 12:30 just isn't cutting it. But what else do I do? I'm calling out to all you healthy ones... what kinds of habits should I start now (or which habits should I kick) so that I don't have to deal with this again?

Thanks much.

No comments: