Monday, June 2, 2008

More Memorial Day

On the lawn of the Capitol before the Memorial Day Concert. It was the most amazing night! Gary Sinise was one of the emcees. Idina Menzel sang "I'll Be Seeing You," and I could hardly contain myself. Gladys Knight and Sarah Brightman also performed. Charles Durning told the story of his experience on D-Day. It was the best Memorial Day ever!


Sitting in the Arlington National Cemetery Ampitheater waiting for the President to speak after the wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns. I saw the First Lady and President Bush. They played "Hail to the Chief" and everything!






Washington Monument









World War II Memorial




3 comments:

Dan and Laverna said...

It looks like you're having all sorts of fun! I want to go to D.C. some day.
When I do go, I'll have to take you along so you can be my tour guide.

Kate said...

Maggie! I loved looking at all your pics - what a great way to spend the summer! I'm glad your parents got to come for a bit too.

Kendra Owens said...

Mags. Looking at your pictures makes me sad. I miss DC tons. Maybe someday Ill live there again. I know what you mean it is the most moving concert on memorial day. Big and Rich sang "The 8th of November" and I nearly cried. And the wreath laying ceremony was amazing. Oh it brings back memories.