Monday, October 12, 2009

Making Progress

Tonight I made a breakthrough. I went running. It’s been a rough week for me where I was barely able to walk around the block, let alone run a few miles. Tonight, for the first time in a week, I felt like running. I can’t even describe how great it felt to feel my body moving again. I didn’t run quite as far as I usually do, but I was proud of myself for making the effort. I ran down 700 East and found a few wonderful surprises -
* Banbury Cross was baking doughnuts and the air around the bakery smelled heavenly
* The weather was just right
* I ran past two friendly Elders who smiled and waved
* I could smell someone doing laundry. I love how laundry makes the air smell clean.

Here are some other things I can do now:
1. Think like a teacher
2. Wake up in the morning and breathe in and out
3. Laugh with my family about silly things like Broadway musicals
4. Joke with my students
And here are some things I hope to be able to do again “eventually” (which is the word of the month)
1. Eat lime chips
2. Sit on the blue couch
3. Wear my black dress
4. Listen to “Two is Better Than One”

3 comments:

KK said...

Sure love ya!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

I'm really proud of you. Love you tons!