I did it! I ran a 5K! Last week I finished my first 5K ever, and I'm already looking for another race. It was such a great experience! I ran the University of Utah Young Alumni Scholarship 5K. I ran around the campus of the University, got drenched by a broken sprinkler, drank two swallows of water handed to me by the best water hander-outers ever (aka my family), listened to some great running music, was chased across the finish line by my cute family who tried to catch a picture of me crossing the finish line, and was cheered for by the University of Utah cheerleaders. I felt on top of the world after I ran across the finish line! I did it! After four months of working for this goal, I accomplished it! Bring on the next race!
Across the finish line in 35 minutes!
I love my life!
2 comments:
I am so proud of you! That is awesome. I love running in the fall weather, so give me a call if you ever want a running buddy, we could do the Jordan River Pkwy trail, it's so pretty. Congrats again, that is good time! (ESPECIALLY for your first race!) woot woot Maggie!
Way to go Mags!!
Post a Comment