Day 1: Went to a wedding reception of a good friend from high school. It was so great to see so many friends that I haven’t talked to in years. The reception was beautiful! Congratulations Kelly and Maren!
Day 2: Saw Ingrid Michaelson at In The Venue. I spent the night with some of the greatest girls in the world. Cristina and Catie drove down from Smithfield with their cousin Mallorie to meet Jenny and me for a night on the town! We had a delicious dinner at Stone Ground and then headed to the show. I loved hearing Ingrid sing “The Hat” (with the hearts and the jazz hands), “The Way I Am” (with a little rapping to boot!), and a little ditty about how much she loves Mexican food. What a fabulous show!
Day 3: Attended Regional Conference and heard some inspiring and comforting messages.
Day 4: Tracy and I visited Diva’s for a big mug of hot chocolate and delicious girl talk. Diva’s is an excellent ho cho spot with oodles of charm. We sat in the greenhouse section surrounded by trees and trickling fountains.
Day 5: Went out for sushi with two wonderful friends at Tsunami. I highly recommend the Jenny Roll and the Don Juan. As Amanda says, “Oh, the Don Juan.” It makes bad days so much better.
That evening I went to Evening Choir where I met a new friend and made a pact in the parking lot. “We are usually optimistic, lovely, glass-is-half-full people! You just caught us on a bad day!”
No comments:
Post a Comment