
This week kicked off my first off-track vacation! No work for two whole weeks? Whatever will I do with myself?
My plan is to do at least one fun, noteworthy, and blog-able :) thing each day. Today's fun event just happens to be going to see Where the Wild Things Are with one of my dearest friends. Now, usually I am completely against going to see movies adapted from picture books because I feel like the movie-makers change the story in a disappointing way. Plus, it makes me sad when I present my students with a marvelous picture book for them to read, only to hear them say, "OH! I've seen this movie!" UGH!
But, because many of my friends say that WTWTA is not disappointing and is very well done, I've decided to give it a chance. I'll let you know how it goes....
No comments:
Post a Comment