Remember my 'sprained' ankle? Well, today I finally went to the doctor after hearing horror stories about people who thought they hadn't hurt themselves seriously and later found out that they needed pins in their bone, or a full leg cast, etc, etc. And the doctor's verdict is... "You broke it."
He recommended I go to an orthopedic doctor so he could fix my ankle the right way, because if it's fixed the wrong way, my mobility could be impaired.
Best case scenario? The guy lets me go with a giant boot/walking cast. Worst case scenario? Surgery and pins.
I don't care who I have to go see... as long as I can run again.
Here are some tidbits from my thoughts this afternoon coming home from the doctor:
*I'll have to find another fallback option for playing 'I Have Never.' 'I have never broken a bone' just won't work anymore.
* I've only run one 5K in my life! I sure hope it's not the only race I ever run.
* If I have to have an honest-to-goodness cast, I know 28 kids who will stand in line to sign it.
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your broken foot :( If you do get it casted, I will most definitely sign it.
Dang. A broken bone is never fun. I broke my collar bone when I was younger and then spent my whole vacation at Bear Lake staying out of the water because I was wrapped in a cast. Not fun.
Post a Comment