Saturday, February 20, 2010

Tender Mercies

I'm always amazed at how tender mercies from my Heavenly Father come into my life. Sometimes it feels as if he is sending me love notes meant especially for me.

About a month ago, I was thumbing through an old New Era magazine when I came upon an article titled, "Cast Off Thine Afflictions." It was only two pages, so I thought I'd read it.

Who would have thought that a month later when I was laying on the couch with my own leg in a cast, I would remember that article and read it again with a totally new perspective? This article brought me a little bit of peace and helped me refocus on what is really important.

2 Nephi 2:2 "... Thou knowest the greatness of God; and he shall consecrate thine afflictions for thy gain."

Read more about tender mercies here.

No comments: