I love Valentine's Day. Now, that might sound funny coming from a twenty-something single girl who kind of wishes she wasn't (single, that is). I love Valentine's Day because it reminds me how full my life is. I am surrounded with people who love me, and I love them. We make each other smile, they make my life complete. On February 14th, I remember how much they mean to me, and I get to give them a little chocolate to boot.
I haven't always loved Valentine's Day, but this year, a little rush of giddiness ran through me this year when I saw the red paper hearts in my neighbor's windows and helped my students decorate Valentine bags. It's just so fun to secretly leave a little love note outside someone's door or wrap some goodies in curling ribbon to say, 'I think you're wonderful.' Now, I know that these little 'I love you' moments should happen much more often than once a year, but isn't it wonderful that we set aside one special day? Isn't it wonderful that we have a holiday to celebrate love - love for all those who are special to us?
Valentine's Day sets my little mushy heart all a flutter.
1 comment:
I love Valentines Day as well. It is such a joy to go around spreading love to those around you.
Post a Comment