Monday, February 28, 2011

Hooray for Hollywood!


And now I give you... the Hortin Girls' Oscar Commentary (along with a few inside jokes)
* First let me just say that I spent the first few minutes of the Oscars Googling Amsterdam with my Oma, so I came in a little late. BTW, the view of Amsterdam from Google Earth is beautiful.
1. "Mom, Toy Story just won." "Toy Story just won? Oh, yay!"
2. ZACHARY LEVI! Jenny and I started squealing and giggling. Yes, we love Chuck. And we loved his duet with Mandy Moore. We especially loved his awkward hand.
3. I love that Melissa Leo said, "Golly sakes."
4. Could you believe Kirk Douglas? He stole the show! "You know...."
5. While watching celebrities and others comment on their favorite movie songs, Oma said, "Now, who's he?" President Obama came on, and she said, "Now, who's this guy?" Great joke, Oma. :)
6. Did you hear the acceptance speech for Alice in Wonderland? I could not believe that she read her speech verbatim from a scrap of paper!
"Alice in Wonderland blends realism with pure.... (pause while she turns the paper over)... fantasy."
7. How did I miss that Christian Bale is British??? Really????
8. During the In Memoriam segment, Jenny cried, "Oh no! We lost what's his name?!"
Also, didn't you absolutely love Celine Dion singing Smile? Beeee-autiful!
9. At the end of the In Memoriam segment, Lena Horne's picture was on the screen with no name below it.
Me: "They don't even need to put her name up there. Everyone knows who she is."
Carrie: "Wait. Who is she?"
10. By far, the funniest part of the night was the "musical" section. My favorite was the Twilight musical.
He doesn't own a shirt? He doesn't need a shirt. Just plain hilarious.
11. "I was distracted by the rubbing of my leg."
12. Who wouldn't like to see Collin Firth dance?
13. Dresses that we loved:
Amy Adams
Melissa Leo
Robin Roberts
Halle Berry
Hillary Swank
Reese Witherspoon
Celine Dion
14. Our chocolate chip betting has now taken the form of chocolate chip cake. Equally delicious, without the gambling. :)
15. "Write that down as an UGLY dress." Mom did not like Ms. Bigelow's gown.
16. Hola, Sandra.
17. Do you remember Sandra Bullock's dress from last year? Breathtaking.
18. That was refreshing. We didn't see many 'girls' this year.
19. What was with all the "I just rolled out of bed and came to the Oscar's hair?" At least Celine's hair looked nice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay. I love that you now love Chuck. I told you that you would. Still, I just want to clarify, Zach is mine. ;) At least in my own little world.

Missy said...

Love you Oscar commentary! Delightful. Just to share cause I'm weird and know this stuff, Christian Bale is actually Welsh which is practically British of course. And he never uses the same accent in any movie he does. Which I think is totally hot and awesome and thought you should know if you didn't already. : )

Also. Love love love that you and Jenny love Chuck. I screamed at my roommate to come watch Chuck sing when he came on!